All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days, 30 minute weekend and holiday call requirement
Location: 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Carrollwood
· Family-like culture
· Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
· Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
The role you’ll contribute:
The Non-Certified Surgical Tech (ST) is a select para-professional who is prepared to practice competent perioperative care of patients under the direct supervision of a qualified professional nurse within the context of an accountable work team. The ST is responsible and accountable to assist in planning, coordinating and implementing care of the surgical patient. At the discretion of the manager, the ST is cross-trained to assume all responsibilities pertaining to immediate surgical care.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Prepare for surgical procedures using the surgeon preference card and obtain supplies and instruments for the procedure.
· Practice sterile and aseptic technique as demonstrated by proper surgical hand scrub, preparation of mayo stand, back table and other sterile surfaces including the draping of the patient.
· Safely manage instrumentation and equipment during the surgical procedure.
· Manage countable items on the surgical field so as to avoid retained surgical items.
· Perform post case clean up and proper care of instrumentation
· Perform patient care including but not limited to medication management on the sterile field, dressing application and assisting with positioning as needed.
· Practice professional accountability by teamwork practices, communication practices and obtaining information and skill when deficits are recognized.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Successfully completed an accredited Surgical Technology Program
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Carrollwood
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Carrollwood
Req ID: 23015747
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $18.4936 - $27.7404
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23015747
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day