All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Nights
The community you’ll be caring for: Adventhealth Tampa
· AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get with The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
Perform specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care while performing as “Goodwill Ambassador”, conducting patient and family checks in the assigned nursing unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with Division of Nursing standards. Will also perform clerical duties related to computers, workstation on wheels (WOWs) equipment and supply checks. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of supplies, equipment and services needed to support the efficient operation of the assigned nursing unit and patient care delivery.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· The Nurse Technician supports the delivery of patient care in accordance with standards of care emphasizing basic hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the direction of the Registered Nurse to promote the achievement of identified patient outcomes. Reports changes of condition, potential problems or concerns involving the patient or family promptly to the nurse in timely manner (i.e. vital signs, intake/output).
· Assists in maintaining patient skin integrity by:
· Turning and repositioning patient according to policy.
· Notifies nurse if skin breakdown observed.
· Performs accucheks and hemocults per hospital procedure and documents.
· Documents accurately and timely all procedures and patient care tasks.
· Removes peripheral IV catheters, disposes of in accordance with hospital biohazardous waste policy, observes site and notifies nurse of condition. Documents in electronic medical record (EMR).
· Empties Foley bags, JP’s, and hemovacs. Documents care and intake/output in the (EMR).
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· High School diploma or equivalent if hold a current CNA license or EMT license, OR
· Successfully completed first semester of an ASN or BSN professional nursing program, AND
· Proof of continued enrollment in an ASN or BSN professional nursing program, with no break in enrollment to exceed 1 year, OR
· Successful graduation from an ASN or BSN professional nursing program
· American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
· Current Florida CNA license or Certified EMT license, OR
· Up to 1 year after graduation, may use the title Nurse Technician after successful graduation from ASN or BSN professional nursing program until:
· ATT (Authorization to Test) is received and/or
· Failed NCLEX twice
· The team member may remain as a Nurse Tech only the above length of time and only if a position is available and the team member has satisfactory evaluations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Tampa
Schedule: 3 - Night
Shift: AdventHealth Tampa
Req ID: 23018489
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $19.5 - $19.5
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 23018489
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night