All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
· AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Respiratory Therapist I (entry level practitioner) performs all necessary routine respiratory care procedures associated with acute or critically ill neonatal, pediatric, or adult patient populations and is able to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team. He/she initiates and maintains appropriate therapy, including life support technique and equipment. Provides, preventable, supportive, and corrective interventions related to the cardio-pulmonary system in assigned patient care areas in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies, procedures, and all applicable regulations and standards. Applies the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate interactions with staff, patients, and families of all ages.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Supports hospital and department mission, goals, and department metrics. Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures neatly, accurately, thoroughly, and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
· Responds to all Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association and performs other duties as directed. Performs airway maintenance including: proper use of manual resuscitators, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, airway suctioning.
· Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, protocols, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per department protocol. Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per protocol.
· Obtains, analyzes and reports findings of arterial blood gases, and co-oximetry. Performs quality controls as needed. Setup and Performs oximetry, apnea, TC and ETCO2 monitoring as ordered by physician.
· Initiates, maintains, transports, and monitors mechanical ventilators to include basic conventional modes of ventilation per policy and procedure. Reviews chest radiological reports as necessary per supervisor and policy and procedures.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Graduate from an AMA approved program by the National Board of Respiratory Care in Respiratory Therapy is required. AAS or AS is required.
· Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential required.
· BLS, ACLS certifications required.
· Graduate RRT up to two years of acute care experience required.
· Current Florida State License as an RRT/Registered Respiratory Therapist.
· Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the NBRC
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Tampa
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $32.96 - $32.959
Location: Tampa, FL
Job ID: 24001410
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Shift: 1 - Day