All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
The community you’ll be caring for:
1000 WATERMAN WAY, Tavares, 32778
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the supervision of the center Manager, the RN performs the primary function of an RN assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients in the wound center and in the hospital. Is responsible for meeting established standards of nursing practice in the management of all assigned patients. Assists providers with the development and implementation of wound treatment plans and participates in performance improvement review activities. Acts within the guidelines of federal and state laws and professional and ethical practice.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Escorts patient to examination room, takes vital signs, removes dressings, assesses wound, takes measurements and photos, performs debridement, assists the provider, dresses wound after assessment/treatment.
· Accurately collects patient medical history, current complaints, adds vitals as required for patient assessment
· Provides patient/family education regarding wound and ostomy care
· Documents assessment and care provided thoroughly and timely
· Maintains clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments and patient/caregiver education related to wound care and ostomy management.
· Maintains/assists in management and control of supply inventory.
· Maintain a clean, fully stocked exam and procedure room with 100% compliance regarding cleaning and sterilization.
· Coordinates referrals to other specialists for patients to meet wound/ostomy needs
· Develops/maintains directory of community resources
· Reviews diagnostic test results and collaborates with providers with follow-up.
· Assists in data collection for quality metrics.
· Contributes to the growth of the center by managing patient flow and adherence to algorithms
· Demonstrates critical thinking to facilitate patient care needs.
· Maintains expertise by completing 8 hours/year in wound/ostomy management.
· Plans and organizes individual wound care for an identified group of patients: WOCN consults and IPOCs
· Administers individual nursing care, independently applying both simple and complex evidence-based techniques and processes that are specific to the needs of the patient
· Consults and plans with the current assigned nurse or charge nurse on the plan of care for designated patient
· Completes delegated patient and family teaching including providing patient and family with information about unit and hospital policies, procedures, and provisions for self-care and participation in decision-making
· Instructs the patient and/or family on subjects such as disease process, risk factors, and prevention of complications to help them plan for care in the hospital and after discharge following prescribed teaching plans.
· Anticipates from present evidence, nursing and/or medical problems which may arise and initiates preventive measures.
· Documents recommended treatment plan and patient response to prescribed interventions in Cerner WC nursing progress notes and I-View. Documents recommended discharge instructions.
· Schedules inpatient follow up visits as needed.
· Refer and coordinate appropriate patients for outpatient wound care follow-up appointments
· Routinely participates in inpatient pressure ulcer prevention initiatives.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Associate degree in nursing with current Florida RN License
· Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· Current CWOCN, CWCN or CWON or CWS certification or equivalent within 1 year of hire OR Wound Care Certified® (WCC®) AND Ostomy Management Specialist® (OMS) within 1 year of hire (with registration within 90 days)
· Previous experience in a wound care center or in a wound management role
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Waterman
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $31.24 - $46.86
Location: Tavares, FL
Job ID: 23047816
Job Family: Wound Care
Shift: 1 - Day