All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time – 8 hours/1 day per week
Shift : Days
Location: 11103 TRINITY BOULEVARD, Trinity, 34655
The role you’ll contribute: Orthopedic Technician-Radiology Certified
The Orthopedic Technician-Radiology Certified Position works closely with physician and other staff members to care for patients ranging in age from pediatric to geriatric and performs a wide variety of patient care activities in an urgent, acute care setting. Performs the duties of a staff orthopedic technician- Radiology certified under the order of a Florida Hospital Physician Group physician; performs a variety of patient care activities within the scope of a orthopedic technician-radiology certified with minimum of supervision. Must demonstrate independent judgement and initiative. Assumes responsibility for performing radiographic examinations that are technically satisfactory, properly positioned, and processed adequately. Performs laboratory procedures following accepted OSHA precautions and CLIA guidelines. Also performs basic clinical duties to facilitate patient flow. Responsible for QA duties directly related to laboratory and radiology. Position is responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment for patients, visitors, clients and team members. Follows all infection control policies and procedures. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow to minimize wait times.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities :
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital Physician Group Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Performs waived laboratory testing and basic radiological examinations, including all quality controls/clerical duties. Processes reference laboratory specimens to include venipuncture, specimen handling/ labeling, and tracking results.
· Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
· Obtains a brief summary of presenting patient’s chief complaint. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Documents vital signs, allergies, current medications, LMP and pain scale threshold if appropriate. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Applies orthopedic devices and dressings as ordered. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions. Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations.
· Performs diagnostic testing to include EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus, and pulse oximetry to facilitate patient flow. These duties may be added at the discretion of the director/center manager/nursing coordinator based on individual facility needs.
· Appropriately relays discharge instructions/care to the patient or family utilizing approved after-care instruction tools.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, infection control practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Completes Nursing Procedure Log accurately on a daily basis.
· Ensures preparation of exam rooms including restocking of treatment areas and disinfecting of exam tables and counters.
· Prepares appropriate casting supplies when applying and/or removing casts, splints, and braces.
· Completes orders and tasks for applying and/or removing casts and documents accurately in the practice’s designated system
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS) through AHA. Must obtain within the first 30 days of employment.
· (DOH) CRT License or BMO certification required.
· High school diploma required or equivalent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Certified through the National Board for Certification of Orthopedic Technologists is preferred.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AHMG West Florida
Req ID: 23013718
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Part-time
Pay Range: $21.4392 - $32.1588
Location: Trinity, FL
Job ID: 23013718
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day