All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
· From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
· Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
· 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
· Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
· Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
The role you’ll contribute:
Reporting to the Fitness Programs Coordinator at the Health & Wellness Center (HWC) at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel (AHWC) instructs land and/or water group exercise classes for the Health & Wellness Center members and guests. Instructs classes based on safe, appropriate and acceptable exercise movements and programs in a group setting. Class instruction will comply with nationally recognized certification standards.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Writes group exercise techniques that are appropriate for the fitness level of scheduled class.
· Instructs the group exercise classes with clear and concise instruction, easy for the participants to follow.
· Instructs each class within ACSM (“American College of Sports Medicine”), AFAA (“Aerobics and Fitness Association of America”) and ACE (“American Council on Exercise”) guidelines and ensures participants avoid any injury-prone exercises.
· Maintains active certification in a recognized certifying organization, such as ACSM, AFAA, ACE, Les Mills or similar organization. Stays current with trends in group exercise through attendance at workshops, reading professional journals and networking with other fitness leaders.
· Instructs classes in accordance with AdventHealth Wesley Chapel Health & Wellness Center policies and procedures and maintains a friendly and safe environment.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Minimum of 1 year experience teaching swim lessons required upon hire
· High School diploma upon hire
· Current Nationally recognized Swim Instructor Certification required upon hire
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification or RQI required upon hire
· Land instructors must be certified through ACE, AFAA, ACSM with a specialty Barre certificate or have a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field upon hire
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $21.79 - $21.79
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job ID: 23047436
Job Family: Wellness
Shift: 1 - Day