All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Nights
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
· From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
· Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
· 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
· Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
· Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
The role you’ll contribute:
The Intensive Care Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for coordinating the efforts of the multidisciplinary treatment team for the patients under his/her care. The RN is accountable for administering, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the nursing process in the provision of care; and will strive to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (FCCS), regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice. S/he critically evaluates evidence for application to clinical practice in his / her area of practice.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate patient care needs for the following age groups: adult and geriatric patients.
· Performs initial nursing assessments. Documents findings within identified time frames and activates initial plan of care.
· Documents patients’ progress in the electronic medical record on a regular basis including assessment and management plans.
· Safely administers medications to patients according to hospital policy and procedures. Conducts second nurse verifications. Reconciles medication on admission and transfer.
· Reports actual or potential medication variances as well as other patient safety issues utilizing risk management system, and communication chain of command.
· Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Minimum Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing upon hire.
· Minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a critical care setting upon hire
· Active Florida RN or APRN license required upon hire.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or RQI upon hire, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· Current American Heart Association Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification or RQI upon hire, then renewed quarterly following RQI protocols
· Current NIHSS certification upon hire
· 8 hour of Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually
· 8 hour Hip & Knee Replacement? Spine Education Within 6 Months of hire date, Then Annually
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $32.87 - $46.949
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Job ID: 24001612
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night