All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time – 40 hrs per week
Shift : Mon, Tue,Thu, Fri, 8:30a – 7:00p (with call requirement)
The community you’ll be caring for:
Location 2200 Fowler Grove Blvd., Winter Garden, FL.
· AdventHealth Winter Garden is a state-of-the-art emergency facility featuring board-certified physicians trained in the care of both adults and children
· The 97,415-square-foot, three-story facility opened in February 2016 across from Winter Garden Village at Fowler Groves
· It is AdventHealth’s ninth campus in Central Florida. Outpatient imaging, lab, and surgical services, as well as primary care and specialty physician offices, are all available at one convenient location
The role you’ll contribute:
Assists licensed anesthesia providers with patient care and equipment maintenance.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Two years experience as an anesthesia tech
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
· Knowledge and basic skills related to aseptic/ sterile technique and sterility of supplies
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Experience working in the clinical setting related to area of speciality
· High school diploma or GED
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Cleans and sets up anesthesia equipment
· Assists anesthesia providers with patient assessment, monitoring, transporting, positioning, insertion of intravenous and other invasive lines, and airway management
· Maintains equipment and troubleshoots malfunctions
· Ensures necessary equipment and supply inventory remain in stock
· Assists with schedule preparations, which includes emergent and urgent surgical procedures involving anesthesia within all departments including Cath/IR labs.
· Provides routine and emergency services for anesthesiologists
· Under the direction of the Anesthesiologist or CRNA assists anesthesia professional staff as requested: Assists in preparation and draping of patient for invasive monitoring/ procedures by licensed anesthesia providers. Assists and anticipates needs of licensed anesthesia providers in invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as pulmonary artery catheter, central venous access, regional anesthesia, fiber optic intubation and is familiar with the ASA Difficult Airway Algorithm. Anticipates need for invasive monitoring according to daily OR/Cath/IR schedule. Aids in preparation of patients for routine cases including but not limited to placement of BP cuff, ECG leads, Pulse Oximeter, positioning. Sets up OR/Cath/IR for cases which may include the following: Preparation of laryngoscope and intubation equipment, IV solution and tubing set-up and set up of IV warming devices. Participates in the process for blood component verification as needed.
· Makes available, assembles, and assists with operation of specialized equipment such as humidification units; fiber optic endoscopic equipment; rapid infusion devices/blood warmers; patient warming devices; neuromuscular devices; infusion pumps and syringes.
· Maintains and organizes the anesthesia environment, equipment, supplies and personnel to facilitate department functions. Maintains the availability of necessary equipment in each operating room. Participates in room turnovers to ensure efficient flow of cases. Provides peri-operative technical support to the anesthesia professional staff for delivery of patient care
· Demonstrates detailed technical knowledge and troubleshooting ability for anesthesia delivery system, scavenger system, gas analyzer, EKG, pulse oximeter and any other anesthesia related equipment. Responds to and investigates all anesthesia machine alarms. Ensures preventative maintenance is completed as required. Reports malfunctioning equipment and follows through to ensure replacement
· Inventories, orders and maintains departmental supply stock consistent with departmental demand. Cognizant of where supplies are kept and is able to obtain or stock them accordingly. Maintains the sterile supplies and medications within the expiration date. Ensures medications are secured at all times. Properly disposes of used medications. Monitors refrigerators utilized for stock of medications
· Promotes a safe environment. Performs appropriate action in emergency situations. Exhibits awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and facility policy and procedures evidenced by maintaining appropriate documentation as required. Rounds in the department to ensure all standards are being maintained.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices
· Provides training and orientation to staff and new personnel for both routine and complex cases. Assists in development of training programs for new anesthesia techs and for ongoing education. Maintains competency by attending departmental in-service training.
· Performs other duties as assigned
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Florida
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $18.45 - $24.47
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Job ID: 24004989
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day