All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
• AdventHealth Winter Garden has delivered care to the West Orange County since 2015 and will be expanding to add a 3-floor, 80-bed inpatient tower opening summer 2022, becoming a full-service hospital to serve the community of Winter Garden.
• The AdventHealth Winter Garden tower expansion will include new ancillary and clinical spaces such as an expanded Surgery department, Inpatient Rehab, Inpatient Dialysis, Laboratory, and Imaging services.
• Working at AdventHealth Winter Garden, you’ll be surrounded with a team dedicated to bringing exceptional mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of a growing West Orange County.
• AdventHealth Winter Garden is conveniently located in the Winter Garden Village, minutes from beautiful downtown Winter Garden and nearby Walt Disney World and premier attractions of Orlando.
• AdventHealth Winter Garden offers competitive benefits that support your growth professionally and personally offering debt-free education and competitive benefits from day one.
The role you’ll contribute: The Diagnostic Medical and Vascular Sonographer, under general supervision performs general Sonography and Vascular Sonography procedures in accordance with department protocols. Performs, at a technical level, a variety of ultrasound procedures on neonatal through geriatric patients. Assists physicians with interventional procedures. Selects practical applications and technical factors. Is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the department. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures. Participates in the AdventHealth performance improvement program. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Ultrasound Manager. Follows proper exam protocols as outlined in department Policy and Procedure manual. Utilizes two patient identifiers to confirm patient/exam accuracy before administering exam. Performs, properly documents, and reports all procedures in accordance with departmental policy. Adapts procedure to each patient’s medical situation obtaining all available necessary information for proper interpretation. Maintains patient confidentiality.
Reviews all images on ultrasound machine or Web and thoroughly fills out Ultrasound worksheet in a timely manner. Re-scans patient as requested by Radiologist. Is open to critique of exams by Radiologist and/or department Manager/Educator. Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade clinical skills. Maintains familiarity with new procedures. Assists with clinical instructions and serves as a resource to less experienced employees.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Graduate of Ultrasound Program
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
ARDMS/ARRT and/or CCI credentials to include:
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer RDMS (AB) and
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer RDMS (OB/GYN) OR
American Registry of Radiologic Technologies RT (S)
Registered Vascular Technology RVT (VT) OR
Registered Vascular Sonographer RVS OR
American Registry of Radiologic Technologies RT (V
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Garden
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Winter Garden
Req ID: 22014711
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.