AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Psychiatry at Winter Park
Full Time opportunity for a Clinical Social Worker, LCSW
Utilizes expertise in patient/family assessment incorporating physical, psycho-social, environmental, spiritual, and financial factors to assess patients for barriers that interfere with the attainment of healthcare goals.
• Educates the health care team and physicians about psycho-social issues and identified patient/family problems as well as recommends strategies to address these issues.
• Responsible for assessment and treatment of individuals with mental, emotional, social or substance abuse problems, including abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and/or other related drugs.
• Provide short-term, structured, evidence-based psychotherapy as part of an appropriate treatment plan.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the primary care providers to improve health outcomes.
• Facilitate referrals to other services (e.g. substance abuse treatment, specialty care and community resources as needed.
• Provide clinical therapeutic services to patients, including individual and group therapy and coordination of treatment for participants with co-occurring disorders.
• Provide crisis intervention as needed.
• Maintain accurate and timely records of activities and services provided to each client.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Team player
• Strong communication skills
• Schedule: Monday – Friday
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Work
• Experience in Pediatrics, Adult and Family therapy
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid LCSW license
• Current BLS
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-winter-park)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Osceola County Florida (https://www.osceola.org/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: WP-A029-Psych
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Winter Park, FL
Job ID: WP-A029-Psych
Job Family: Physician Services