All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time- Flexible Hours
The role you’ll contribute:
The Professional Sports Physical Therapist is a healthcare professional specializing in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of injuries and illnesses. Provides quality evidence-based athletic health services, as well as develops and implements comprehensive health care programs. Builds and maintains strategic relationships between physicians, their office staff, Hospital administration, athletic trainers, coaches, sports performance specialists, athletes and their parents. Fulfills the staff and medical requirement of contracts or partnership agreements for assigned areas/events. Identifies and resolves issues timely that affect our medical staff and the effective delivery of health care. Is available as needed, outside of normal working hours, as required by Lead Physical Therapist to treat and support within the scope of practice. This position will require moderate amount of travel with specific athletes to specific national and potentially international travel.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Interacts with coaches, strength coaches, physicians, high performance medical staff, nutritionists and counselors on a regularly scheduled basis
· Meets with high performance medical staff with regard to management and review of care.
· Attends bi-monthly quality meetings with high performance medical staff.
· Attends administrative meetings with Director of Sports Partnerships Operations and administrative staff.
· Travels with specific athletes or groups of athletes to national and international tournaments.
· Makes independent assessments related to injury/illness prevention and wellness; performs clinical evaluation and diagnosis; provides emergency care; Will be available outside of normal working hours, as required by the schedule as appropriate. May support multiple programs and schedules during the course of a week.
· Maintains medical records that meet legal and regulatory standards
· Abides by federal, state, and local laws and regulations for the proper storage, transportation, dispensing, and documentation of prescribed and over-the-counter medications
· Collaborates with contract leadership to define and execute policies and procedures specific to the contractual agreement.
· Participates in program and process changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Acts as a liaison between the patient/partner the appropriate medical service line to facilitate the resolution of medical services or operational issues affecting physicians, clients, or patients/partners. Articulates and responds quickly to issues identified by physicians, patient/partners, and clients as appropriate, coordinating medical care on behalf of the patient/partner in support of a comprehensive health care team
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and have good comprehension of conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite technology
· Excellent communication skills within a Sports Medicine team and professional organization
· Athletic Trainer/Sports Certified Specialist degree/certification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master-level professional competency of Rehabilitation, prevention, evaluation, principles, and applications as defined in competencies departmental policy
· Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy OR Master Degree in Physical Therapy with five years of experience
· Three years of experience working with high level athletes
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· FL State license as a Physical Therapist or eligible for state licensure
· Passport for international travel
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Florida
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $43.26 - $64.89
Location: Winter Park, FL
Job ID: 24002122
Job Family: Rehabilitation Services
Shift: 1 - Day